Friday, December 27, 2013

I'D SIGN BRONSON ARROYO ON WORK ETHIC ALONE

A good nugget that may prove that there is movement on the Yankees pitching front besides us ready to put a bid in for Masahiro Tanaka.


The Yankees have reached out the Bronson Arroyo according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.  Jerry writes:

"Arroyo fits … where, exactly? The New York Yankees touched base with him last week, and the Los Angeles Angels, Baltimore Orioles and Arizona Diamondbacks are all potential fits, in part because they're looking for a starter and Arroyo will not require the team that signs him to surrender a draft pick."

While that nugget doesn't give you a TON, one this in this ESPN piece struck me. It's Crasnick's line about Arroyo's work ethic that really reeled me in, writing:

"When Arroyo was 5 years old, his father, Gus, taught him the value of hard work in pursuit of a goal... the life lessons he imparted to his son continue to resonate. 'I don't know what outsiders think of me,' Arroyo said. 'I've never heard a scouting report from another team, but I know what the people who are in front of me for six months think of me. I come to the ballpark every day enthused.'... I know I pull mad respect in that way, but people from other organizations only have the baseball numbers to go by. Yeah, your reputation might precede you a little bit, but not to the point where people can really grab or touch or taste it.'"


Hey, you know how I feel about work ethic and respect... Respect for yourself, respect for your teammates.  I like what Arroyo says here. I think based on that, and his decent carrer, Arroyo could be the guy the Yankees should choose for the back end of the rotation, our 3 or 4 guy perhaps.  Who knows if I'm right, or if Crasnick's piece will go anywhere.  What I do know is Gus Arroyo raised his son right, and I'd take a chance on that.

If anything develops with Arroyo, we'll tell you. I just found this piece interesting and wanted to pass it along.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017