Saturday, December 7, 2013

A SABATHIA MOMENT WE'LL NEVER FORGET


When ideas hit, there's no going back. I've always said that if you have a good idea, run with it and big things can happen.  Amber Sabathia was tired of seeing the same traditional colors and designs of the MLB clothes supporting the New York Yankees when it came to their children's line. So she did something about it.

Amber had an idea. She started researching to find a different, more appealing clothing line for kids.  Bright colors, fun colors, you know... kid's colors, after all, kids wear them, right?  She reached out to MLB and starting researching new styles and designs and suddenly she made an idea into a reality.  Today, CCandy Clothing exists because of the idea and drive of Amber Sabathia.  A smart, strong, determined woman with a goal. And you know what? It doesn't stop there. Her family is heavily involved...


"We will try and come up with new designs and ideas and we'll show pictures to the kids and Lil' C will say, 'I don't like that, but I'd wear that!" Trying to find new ideas for the clothing is a lot of fun she said, "And I didn't go to school for fashion. I went to school for teaching... so this is a new venture for me." 

It's a venture that she's clearly excited about and so were hundreds of people that showed up to purchase CCandy at Neiman Marcus in Short Hills mall today.  The line was long, and the fans were excited to meet Amber and CC.  The atmosphere was cheery, just in time for the holiday season and most of all, both Amber and CC were gracious, friendly and personable.


"Oh my god, Amber is gorgeous and she is a sweetheart", my wife said to me as we were standing with the rush of eager shoppers. The meeting between my wife and Amber can only be explained 1 way... fast friends.  They got each other, an instant connection. Amber's a darling in so many ways, and that's sincere and honest. I have met a lot of people in my life and sometimes when celebrities are in a sea of autograph seekers, it's overwhelming.  I totally get it, so we stood back as to not add to the crowd.  But today, with Amber and CC, it wasn't the case.  Amber and CC are good people. They know they're in the public eye, but they also know that people would love to chat with them, even if it's for a moment.   I respect that very much, but I also want to respect their personal space.  We stayed back and stepped in when we found it appropriate. The step in proved to be a great memory for my wife and I and I applaud Amber's courteousness.


Now look, you know how much we love and appreciate family here at Bleeding Yankee Blue, and we've, over the years evolved into a family oriented site.  The Yankees for instance are family. Brothers who work together toward a common goal. The BYB writers and readers are family.  We constantly interact... like siblings. Trust me, I see it everyday here.  Family is the message and it's with that message that I found Amber's idea in CCandy so refreshing.  When speaking to her about this venture, she never says "I", she says "We".  Their kids are involved in the creative process. CC is as well. They come up with the styles, the designs and the looks together, and they made it happen, as a family.  I love that. Everyone should love that.


"They are perfect for each other," my wife said as we saw the rush of photographers snap their pictures to promote CCandy, "They're a great couple and a great example for what family is." She's right... that's why I married her.  Family is big in the Sabathia house.  You know how I know? Because you can tell in the way they looked at each other today. The way they talked to each other and handled the promotion today with the crush of people.  They love each other and it translates from their family to yours and mine.  It's a good thing, trust me.  In this day and age, it's refreshing and I was blown away by just how sweet the Sabathias were in person... Baseball treasures, leading by example. you can't beat it.


Oh and CC today? He's tall, lean and ready for 2014!  "I'm excited about it," he said when I asked him about the off-season moves.  Support is a good thing in baseball when it comes to off-season pick ups, and while I knew my question was obvious, I wasn't looking for his answer as much as I was looking for his body language.  He smiled and that's truly all I needed to see.  He's ready.


CC is our ace. He is a true competitor and as my little guys call him, it's CC Monster. Click his name to see how that came about. Anyway, today you could see it in his smile; he was relaxed, he looked great and I'm excited to see this stud take the mound again in 2014. 

Today was outstanding. Thanks for taking the time Amber and CC.  We are blessed to have you in New York and we appreciate all you do.

To our readers today... Check out CCandy Clothing HERE and shop. Christmas is almost here. Also don't forget to check out their wonderful charity work at PitCCH in Foundation as well as the auction currently going on with Steiner Sports right now to raise money for JCC Therapeutic Nursery. Here's that link:




Also, tomorrow, December 8th between 11am and 2pm, Amber will be back at Neiman Marcus promoting CCanddy! Be sure to stop by!

Kathy Jacobson... you're the best.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017