Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"HEY JUNIOR, RIGHT HERE!"

So... Alex Rodriguez has clearly had enough. More on that in a moment.  Trust me, there's a tie-in here...


This image above is of a character named Tuddy from the film Goodfellas.  In it, he was breaking chops with one of the other characters in the "family" after they were caught by Paulie for fooling around.  "Hey Junior, right here" he said, grabbing his crotch.  See Goodfellas by the way, there are plenty of life lessons in it.

Today Alex Rodriguez pretty much said "Hey Junior, right here" to Bud Selig and it was broadcast on the radio and replayed everywhere. But, unlike Tully, Alex wasn't joking. He was pissed.  Sure, we all know about him walking out of his grievance hearing today, read HERE,  but did you know that he also called Bud Selig out?

After he walked out of his hearing, calling it "F--king BullS---t", he went on the Mike Francesa show.  Here is alittle of his exchange with Mike about PEDs, then I'll bring you to the "Junior" part.

Mike Francesa: "Did you do any PEDs?"
Alex Rodriguez: "No."
Mike Francesa: “You're saying you did nothing wrong, you did not do what they're accusing you of doing?” 
Alex Rodriguez: “That's correct.

 This is where it gets good...


Alex Rodriguez takes Selig to task: "I know you don’t like New York, but you’ve got to come face me.  This is my legacy. I’m part of history. You tell me why I should serve one inning. 'Cause you’re retiring next year? That’s not fair.... This has been a disgusting process for everyone.”... “This should end with Selig on Thursday and me on Friday... Put your money where your mouth is. ... Let the arbiter decide whatever he decides.”

Now look, you don't have to like Alex Rodriguez. You don't have to believe him, but you have to know that this investigation will not end with a Major League Baseball victory. At least, I don't think so at this point. It almost looks like MLB is in over their head.  Now look, if you're calling Alex Rodriguez "dumb" right now for him accusing Bud Selig of trying to secure his legacy of "cleaning up baseball" and making Alex the example, then you're calling ME "dumb."  I'm not.  This statement by Alex: "You tell me why I should serve one inning. 'Cause you’re retiring next year?" Speaks volumes to me.  That's because I have stated all along that that is exactly what Bud Selig is doing.  He's trying to embarrass, humiliate and torture the biggest fish in baseball, while saying, "Hey, I was a great commissioner, I cleaned up baseball and I brought ARod to his knees."

Here's the problem... Bud underestimated ARod. I think we all did.  And sure, this is all my opinion on this mess, but it seems like it's happening the exact way BYB predicted it.  I would absolutely love to ask ARod some questions about this mess in a BYB exclusive interview.  I doubt the guy would every do it because we're small potatoes... but if anyone knows him out there, tell him to Tweet me, @BleednYankeeBlu .

This is a mess, but ARod showed some balls today. "Hey Bud, right here!"

I can't wait to see what happens next.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017