Saturday, October 5, 2013

THE TIMING OF THE CANO CHILD-SUPPORT STORY IS OBVIOUS

Robinson Cano has a kid.  OK, everyone is surprised.  I'm not.  I mean, sure, I didn't know the dude had a child, but I don't know what half of these athlete's personal lives are like.  I have way to much going on in my own life to care that Cano has a kid or a dozen of them. I feel bad saying this... but I don't care.


I do find it interesting that with Robinson Cano about to become a free agent and Yankeeland wondering if he's going to come back to the Bronx or not, ESPN does their best to float a story damaging Robinson Cano's reputation in the public eye, ultimately attempting to turn him into another Alex Rodriguez.  I think it's pathetic, obvious and shameful. 

In a nutshell, it's being reported that Robinson Cano pays just $600 a month in child support for his child.  That information comes from his baby mama who spoke exclusively to ESPN.  Now, I'm not a gossip website.  I'm not going to give you the child's name, I'm leaving the baby mama's name out of it as well.  You can click on the ESPN link if you want to read about it.  Besides, it's their business, it's Cano's business, and if he pays alittle or pays a lot, we'll never know the truth.  I will say this... from the pictures and video I've seen of the boy, he appears to look pretty healthy and happy, so I have trouble getting on board with the story.


But again... reputation and the public perception.  You know I have my beef with Cano and his hustle.  I also think he's probably one of the most generous players out there with his RC24 foundation and charitable givings.  When a story like this comes out, be cautious. Be smart enough to pay attention to the timing and the source and why it's coming out when it is.  Why didn't we know about Cano's child before? How come it suddenly pops up when he's about to be a free agent?

To give you all sides... Cano released this statement about the story:

"I have gone above and beyond to care for my child, including an agreed upon monthly stipend, a house, a car, insurance, school and other essentials for the baby and his mother as well as many other things including toys and clothing...This is a private matter and I will not fight it in the media, nor will I say anything disparaging about the mother of my child or comment any further. I look forward to an amicable resolution that will allow me time with my son."


Don't believe everything you read about ball players. Remember this: FALSE RUMORS DAMAGE A PLAYER'S SOLID REPUTATION. I'm not saying this story is false, I'm saying this story is private and I'm suspicious of the release of this story to the media.  I say, as a fan, as a reader, take it easy, read everything... and again... notice the unique timing. It's strategic and it's about to ruin Cano's reputation in the Bronx... and that just seems wrong to me. What do you think? Comment.

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017