Thursday, August 1, 2013

YANKEE FAN REVOLT: THEY SOLD US A BILL OF GOODS

The Yankees aren't the Yankees any longer, and I'm not talking about the actual club as much as I'm talking about the way Yankee brass is handling this club.  It's a strange new world and as a fan since the 1970's, it's clear to me that they don't seem to have a grasp on what's actually going on among players.  It's like in any major corporation.  You start small, you grow, and as you grow, there are layers. Then, there are more layers.  Sooner of later these layers aren't doing much of anything, yet they're getting paid and given high ranking titles like they are.  Over time, laziness, uncertainty settles in and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. In other words, there's a lot of meetings and no solutions. It seems like we're starting to crumble. I obviously have no way of knowing this, after all, I'm just a fan who writes so you can read us, but this is my personal opinion.  Something's not right in Yankeeland and I can't put my finger on it. One thing is for sure, there's uneasiness in Yankeeland... the fans are worried and pissed.


The trade deadline came and went, and in years past, we would have been in it to win it.  But we're not winning anything, in fact, Brian Cashman was pretty clear yesterday stating that the Wild Card was more realistic, read HERE.  Well, sure it is, but why do I want my club that I've been following forever telling me that they aren't interested in being "1st", they are actually interested in "just making it"? Does that confuse anyone?  We are the Yankees, right? At that point I know that if we make the wild card, squeaking in, we really don't have much of a shot.

I hate the wild card, I always have. It gives weaker teams a chance, and my only thinking is, if you're a weak team, you really have no business being there in the first place.  What Cashman said bothered me, and it should bother you too.  We're the Yankees, not the Royals. This year has been exhausting for any Yankee fan, whether you believe or not!  In the past, trade deadline and the free agent signings and unlimited funds defined us as the New York Yankees. Get the big free agent, or sign that name that will put us in a position to compete down the stretch. But those days are over and that's because we no longer know what the hell we are doing in our management office, again... that's my opinion.

Even if the Yankees couldn't find a significant upgrade... Here's an idea, lie to us! Or better yet, go through the motions and appear to be competitive!  I am so tired of hearing that a General Manager that made moves in the dead of night to better the Yankees is suddenly telling us that his "hands are tied" and he "can't make deals".  If Cashman is clashing that much with Hal and Hank, maybe it's time to go.  Maybe Randy Levine should come out and explain to us Yankee fans who go to a ton of games all season why we don't want to be competitive... anyone agree?  Why won't the Yankees at least appear to really want to give the fans what we want?  This season has been a whole lot of nothing. From the off season to the trade deadline, there are guys hitting 38 years old being signed in an effort to "make things better" for Yankee fans.  Well. it's now August and they're not better, they're worse.


Are you as Yankee brass really and truly going to tell me that you are putting the best team on the field? Really? REALLY?  Are you as Yankee brass just hoping that Derek Jeter rallies the sub-par club we have and cross your fingers we make the playoffs?  That's what we're doing now? We're doing a lot of praying?  Hey, I pray too, but my mom always told me to pray for people that need help, or sick, or for your family. But praying for a new bicycle and whether or not your team will win isn't always going to get you what you want in life.  It makes sense because you can't exactly pray your way to first place... not now.


Bottom line BYB readers, we don't have the best team on the field. We have a bunch of mediocre players that had "moments". Now it appears the "moments" have expired.  The franchise ladies and gentlemen, is falling apart. Sure, you can blame the players, but there are so many factors, and again, Yankee brass is largely responsible.


What do I do if I'm in charge? I make drastic moves.  I turn heads. I make players know no one is safe.  I fire people for not doing their jobs... Kevin Long is on that list. And most importantly, I try to win.  Is there any interest in Phil Hughes at all? If so, trade him for a bag of balls and wish him well. Is Vernon Wells not panning out? Find him a new home or release him and eat the salary.  Do things that Hank Steinbrenner would do. Go nuts! Yell and scream and tell the baseball world "We're the Yankees and we're going to be competitive!"  You made the mistake, not us...we're the ones now paying for the lack of run support each game... it's a mess.


Alex Rodriguez is hours away from being suspended, Robinson Cano is not hustling down the line and is in a contract year.  Andy Pettitte is no longer Andy Pettitte and CC Sabathia is no longer our ace. Things MUST change or you can forget about the Yankee franchise blossoming.

So there you have it, I had to get that off my chest and I'm better now.  Don't misunderstand me... I'm a Yankee fan, a true Yankee fan, and this isn't me giving up. No, this is frustration... and if you're going to sit there and tell me you're NOT frustrated, I'll tell you you're a liar, because there is enough frustration right now to go around a few times in Yankeeland...

What has happened to my New York Yankees... what I ask...what?

  The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017