Wednesday, August 7, 2013

INJURIES CONTINUE TO MOUNT IN YANKEELAND

Sure, I'm trying to make light of the fact that the Yankees players keep on dropping like flies.  David Phelps is the latest pitcher who's hurt.  It's unfortunate, which is why at least when I look at the Elf, it reminds me of Christmas and Elf on a Shelf, and when I think of Christmas, I smile.  When I think about Phelps being hurt, I want to punch a wall and no doubt I will hurt my hand... see where I'm going with this? The elf is my happy place right now.


So yeah, word is Phelps has been shut down. According to Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger, HERE,  

"A new MRI of David Phelps sore right arm revealed another strain in the area that connects his forearm and his elbow. This is a new injury, manager Joe Girardi said, not the same forearm strain that shunted him to the disabled list on July 5.

Phelps experienced soreness before a rehab start with Double-A Trenton last weekend. The team elected to shut him down for two weeks. Girardi termed the injury a “little strain,” but any injury near a pitcher’s elbow is troubling. 'It’s strange is what it is to me,' Girardi said..."

You know what's strange to me? Why the Yankees are getting injured so often? Here's a question... who are the Yankee doctors? Who is the medical staff? Who are the trainers? What are they doing to this club, because there is more injury in this clubhouse than anything I have ever seen before.  We need to really examine what is going on here, am I right? The beat reporters need to start asking those questions.

We're not going to see Phelps this season, I have a feeling. 

Anyway, I just wanted to keep you in the loop on this... it's a very bad time in Yankeeland right now... sad. Now... back to my Elf on a shelf... and I'm back to being happy...

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017