Friday, February 8, 2013

NOW SCOTT BORAS IS DOING SOMETHING NOBLE?

I've stated it here before that I don't care for Scott Boras. Personally, he's probably a nice man.  Business wise, I see a snake mentality that I don't like.  I feel like he's ruined the game of baseball running his operation.  It's my theory that is why a teams like the Yankees are less hesitant to spend on his clients anymore and why he's having a hard time getting some of his other guys signed this offseason.  I could be wrong and maybe I am, it's just how I feel.

Now, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.com, Boras is apparently going to open a sports clinic in Florida to help prevent players from getting involved in PEDs.  According to Rosenthal, read HERE, "Boras intends to open a private multi-million dollar sports fitness center for his clients who train in South Florida by next year.

Boras won’t say it explicitly, but his goal is to protect his clients from people like Anthony Bosch and places like the Biogenesis wellness clinic."


So, let me get this straight, this is the same guy that made money off some of the players that have been accused of PEDs use in the past? Now he wants to help them? Help others? Interesting.

Look, I'm half serious here. I know that PEDs is about personal responsibility and the players do it to themselves.  If Boras wants to do this to help "save baseball", good for him, he has enough money to do it.  I just always feel like the other shoe is going to drop with him. Like for instnace, is this just a way to attract more clients to the Boras camp? I'm asking, I don't know.  Hey look, it's my opinion, I have no dog in this fight.  Just an observation. 

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017