Tuesday, October 23, 2012

WILL MICHAEL PINEDA BE A FLOP?

I can't help but wonder if sending Jesus Montero off to the Mariners for Michael Pineda is the beginning of a bad curse of something.  I mean, who knows if Jesus Montero will be a superstar in Seattle. I do know this, there were bright ideas for the guy in the Bronx and after Brian Cashman insisted he wasn't about to trade him off, he did anyway and we got Michael Pineda who never got out of the gate.

Now comes word that we may not even see Pineda pitch until sometime around the middle of next season, read that HERE.  That's a long time, I mean, don't you remember when they said he'd be throwing by September? Well, it's October. Man oh man,  I hope the guy's healthy when he comes back. I hope he pitches great, because if he doesn't, Yankee fans are going to go nuts on Cashman...and that's the truth.

Cashman said this about Pineda: "We have to keep him off our radar for now...We're talking June of next year ... the second half of next year."

Sometimes I root against the Yankees so it opens their eyes a bit, meaning, right now I hope Montero has the year of his life in 2013 so we can yell and scream and ask the question "Why? Why did we make this move? Why?" 

I guess we stay tuned... but I'm not liking this.  Remember, you can read a terrific piece by Bleeding Yankee Blue title THE LEMON? That was written on March 30th, the beginning of Pineda's troubles. 

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017