Tuesday, September 11, 2012

THE SPOILER

"Pedro Ciriaco is one of the most talented underrated young athletes in baseball right now." 
 
 
I'm jealous.  There is an energy in Pedro Ciriaco that I have not seen on my New York Yankees in weeks.  The Yankees continue to leave men on base, or can't hit them in and when I watch the Red Sox play, this Ciriacio kid is in every single play. Whether it be in the field, making diving catches at 3rd base, or bunting or running or scoring the winning run, like he did tonight.  The Red Sox may be in last place, but they are best buddies with the Baltimore Orioles right now and they are playing spoilers quite well.

If anything comes out of tonight's game it's this;  Energy rules, especially when a kid like Ciriaco is handed the reigns and asked to play his heart out.  The difference is he is, and the Yankees aren't.  The Yankees need to start winning against the last place teams, like the Red Sox and the second to last place teams like the Blue Jays. Those teams my friends are automatics, they must win them all or at least win their respective series.  The Rays are tough and so are the Athletics.  Bottom line, every game really counts and if guys like Pedro Ciriaco keep showing up, I have to tell you, we don't have a chance in hell.  Treat game like it's your last chance, it doesn't matter if they are in first place or last, they still play tough and so should you!

I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow is a new day.  I need my Yankees to wake up fresh and ready to roll... we have games to win Dammit, let's do it already! No one wants to crawl to the playoffs, we want to roll to them!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017