Saturday, July 14, 2012

WHICH YANKEE WALK-UP SONGS WOULD YOU CHOOSE?


So, you know I am addicted to my iPod.  Over the years as a kid, I loved the mixed tape.  You kids who read Bleeding Yankee Blue have no idea what a mixed tape is, today it’s all digital, but back in the early 80’s the mixed tape was heaven.  We couldn’t skip around like a CD or iPod, but it didn’t matter, the mixed tape would be copied, compiled and given to your girl… whatever, it was a big deal, after all, it was a step up from the record player…you could actually bring the mixed tape with you!


The songs that pop up on my ipod are random, but I listen to everything, my library is extensive.  Frank Sinatra’s Young at Heart to Van Halen’s I’ll Wait to Junior Mafia’s Get Money to New Order and Bizarre Love Triangle. You can’t stump me, I got it under control. 

I thought about the Yankees walk-up songs and I always love it. I wrote about it in WHY I GET A KICK OUT OF YANKEE WALK UP SONGS.

It’s fun to listen to the songs as they walk up and because I have such an extensive library of songs, I thought that is may be fun to have a bunch of walk-up songs for the guys, my picks of course.

Look, don’t get me wrong, I was always a big fan of Black Rob’s Whoa when Derek Jeter went to the plate for instance.  But I wanted to compile a quick list of what I would play for the players for a single game as they walked up to the plate, after all, if I was doing it, there would be a new song every day for every player, we’d keep the variety going!  

Sure this is random, but it’s also the weekend, so let’s have alittle fun:


Derek Jeter: Young Forever by Jay Z & Mr. Hudson. The dude has been with us for years…I really can’t imagine this guy not being in pinstripes in a few years.  This is almost my dedication, the Captain is the
 greatest.
   
Curtis Granderson: All Good By De La Soul & Chaka Khan. This guy is cruising like no Yankee I’ve seen in years.  He’s doing everything right and doing it well.  You want your kid to have a role model? The Gentleman, Curtis Granderson is the way to go. All Good? Absolutely.

Mark Teixeira: Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith. I can see the dude walking out of the on deck circle and the place erupts as it blares through the speakers at Yankee stadium, it just works.
Alex Rodriguez: In my Head, Jason DeRulo.  Alex has this thing over him right now and he just need to break out.  This song is kind of a joke because everyone claims it’s all “in his head”.  We’ll go with it for this post…. The truth is I believe Alex is about to have a huge second half.
Russell Martin: Take me out by Franz Ferdinand. Get it? He’s struggling right now so he’s asking to be taken out? No? OK, I’m kidding Russell don’t get all nuts, we love ya. After all, last night's game winning  RBI hit was huge.

   
Robinson Cano: Live Wire by Motley Crue.  Cano is not only a great 2nd baseman, he’s the greatest and does it with style.  He seems to be in every big inning and the Yankees need to lock him in for a career in pinstripes.


Raul Ibanez: Flight of the Bumble bee by Nigel Kennedy. Crazy right? I picture Raul as a well educated dude who goes home, listens to classical music and sips scotch while reviewing stats on his ipad.  Oh and he’s wearing an ascot too.
 
 
Nick Swisher: Thunderstruck by AC/DC. It’s bad ass…like Nick Swisher.  What else can I say…nothing, I’m going with it.

Andruw Jones: Wake up Call by Maroon 5. The dude woke up and if he continues his hot streak like he did in Fenway, I take back any negative thing I’ve said about Andruw Jones lately, God Bless him.
 DeWayne Wise: Tomorrow Comes Today by the Gorillaz. I don’t know, this song is Wise to me.  Just a laid back tune for a guy that knows his role and will do anything that’s asked of him, including pitch. You have to respect  that.


 
Eric Chavez:  King of Pain by the Police. Has to be. This guy has been to hell and back soften with injury, it’s amazing he comes back and still contributes, you need to love you some Eric Chavez.



Jayson Nix: Vertigo by U2. I don’t know what it is about this kid but I really like him and when he’s out there, he lights it up.  This song works for him.

Chris Stewart: Blitzkrieg by Metallica.  I like when he’s in the lineup lately and I like him behind the plate.  Sure, I miss Francisco Cervelli but the Yankees made a move that appears to be working.  Plus, the pitchers respect the guy.

That’s how I see it anyway…how about you?

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017