Tuesday, July 3, 2012

JOBA RISES UP & AARDSMA SITS DOWN

Everyone is anticipating a powerful comeback from both Joba Chamberlain and David Aardsma.  I am very psyched to get Joba back, I love the guy and I love those moments from Joba where the team was against the wall and he came up big.  Most of all I miss that signature "crazy fist pump dance" after a major jam escape.  Sure, it may not be the Yankee way, but it’s Joba’s way and I’ll take it.
Good news on the Joba front. According to Newsday (HERE), Joba Chamberlain is quote “probably a week or two” away from actually pitching in a minor league game.  Damn, that is incredible. He’s been pitching to hitters, at first they didn’t swing and then the next outing they were. According to Joba “It’s just nice to be able to see swings and see the reactions…Even on balls t hat they know what’s coming, I get someswings and misses , which is always good. The spin on my slider, the spin on my curveball. Are really good.”
I’m really happy for Joba.  With continued work, I can only assume that we may see this guy around the last week of July.  I guess that’s my prediction but that makes sense right?
As far as David Aardsma is concerned, well, you know I’m getting psyched about this guy. I think he’s got great stuff and he himself has been updating all of us on his progress on Twitter which I think is awesome.  Well, let’s just say Aardsma the Animal had to be temporarily shut down. Read HERE.  
In a nutshell, he was progressing fine, but almost too fast for his body to handle.  According to Cashman, “His body basically said, ‘no, no, no. Too fast…
Fair enough. The Yankees have an investment in this guy, they aren’t about to ruin him so they shut him down for a bit.  No problem, it’s not like we’re desperate, we have DRob and company in our pen now and we’re dynamite.  We will be fine and Aasrdma needs his time to get back.. I say let’s just relax and give it to him.
Cashman says “I suspect we’ll see him this year…but not on July 19th…” So there you go.  Ups and downs for the Yankees this week, but nothing to worry about, everything will be fine. I am really getting excited to see these guys, how about you?

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017