Tuesday, June 5, 2012

WHY IT'S JOBA'S JOB TO GET BACK

I've state it here a lot, I love Joba's fight.  Sure, he made a really bad mistake, and I'm not going back to re-hash, the bottom line is we're past the trampoline incident and now he needs to fight his way back and he's doing his best. There is no doubt though, the biggest obstacle right now is time and patience.

This past weekend Joba Chamberlain pitched off a modified pitchers mound in Tampa and he believes as well as Joe Girardi that getting back this season is in the cards.  Read Joe here: “I’ve always said, I believe that he’ll be back...Now I’m no doctor, no rehab therapist, but just knowing Joba, I believe he’s going to be back for us this year.” That comes courtesy of The Star Ledger's Marc Carig, read HERE. 

Let's not forget, this road back isn't just to strengthen Joba's ankle. He had Tommy John surgery and was coming back from that surgery before this ankle thing came about so there's still alot of healing going on...ankle and elbow. There are still a lot of obstacles he needs to break through. He can, I believe he can, it's Joba's job  to be on the mound and he knows that. 
Do I believe that his arm will be fine? Totally. Don't forget, the guy was close to returning before that silly trampoline injury, so I think there is no worry there.  I think the biggest worry is delivering a pitch, trusting that ankle and throwing hard again and pounding the plate consistently.  I believe that he needs to trust his legs again, no easy task. If he can, there is no doubt he'll be back ready to rock. If not, it will take time and most likely we won't see Joba Chamberlain this year.  

Do we need him right now? No. Our bullpen has been terrific, so there is really no rush. But sure, I'd love to see the old band back together again....Joba, David Robertson and Mariano Rivera.  That alone is the most dominant pen in the American League and couple that with Rafael Soriano and company and no doubt, we're the best in Major League Baseball. 

Good Luck Joba, can't wait to see you.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017