Tuesday, June 5, 2012

PRAYERS FOR TOMMY LASORDA


An update for all you true baseball fans.  It's being reported that longtime Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda is in the hospital after what is being described as a mild heart attack.  Read about it HERE.  We here at Bleeding Yankee Blue wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully there are no complications, after all, Mr. Lasorda is 84 years old and doctors are repairing a blocked artery. They do say however he's in stable condition which is good.

I love Mr. Lasorda.  I met 6 years ago and he signed a piece of paper to my 2 kids and at the time he signed it "Two Future Dodgers, Tommy Lasorda." Sure, I'm no Dodgers fan, but I am a baseball fan and I think right then I started to realize 2 things; baseball brings everyone together and when it comes to icons like Lasorda, I really didn't care that he wrote that. I realized that he truly bled Dodger blue, and I really respected that and enjoyed those few minutes with him.

The other thing that comes to mind is that hilarious clip from Fletch where Fletch is being harassed in the office and smashes the picture of Tommy Lasorda saying quickly "Tommy Lasorda...I hate Tommy Lasorda." It's a funny scene, that's all.
Bottom line, I don't hate Tommy Lasorda, I wish him well.  Positive vibes ladies and gentlemen...positive vibes...

 ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017