Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WHY THE YANKEES WILL BE 2012 CHAMPS

The season unofficially begins on Friday, but I’m guaranteeing right now that the 2012 World Champions will be the none other than our New York Yankees!! “But Lem,” you all will protest... “You’re just saying this based on opinion and favoritism.” WRONG... my dear followers, I’m
basing this on cold-hard history.

Since 1949 the Kentucky Wildcats have won the NCAA Men’s Basketball National Championship 7 times. In the same year as those first six championships, the New York Yankees have gone on to win the World Series every year – 1949, 1951, 1958, 1978, 1996, and 1998. 2012 is Kentucky’s 7th title, which means the Yankees are destined to win the whole thing again this year!On Monday before the National Championship game, Kentucky coach John Calipari weighed in on this history. He said, "I think the Yankees have to be rooting for us." Well he and his team held up their end of the bargain with a 67-59 win over Kansas. Read HERE.
While I’m the first person to shoot holes in myths and superstitions, I’m also someone who believes history repeating itself. So who am I to argue with 62 years of proven history? Also, wouldn’t it be fitting for the last pitch of Mariano Rivera’s career to be a 28th World Title clincher? That’s poetic justice.

Email me to praise me or call me crazy, bybcurmudgeon@gmail.com. I’m open to both.


--Lem Allen, BYB Contributor

Email me at:bybcurmudgeon@gmail.com

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017