Friday, April 6, 2012

WHY IBANEZ WILL PROVE DOUBTING FANS WRONG

Raul Ibanez wasn’t the old 39 year old Ibanez like he was in the Spring when it didn’t count. Instead he was Ibanez that looked like he was in his prime…when it did count... the regular season. I bow to you Raul, you still have it in you and I was wrong. I apologize.

Look, Raul Ibanez wasn't 5 for 5 with 8 RBI's or anything, but he did what he needed to do, get the runs in and homer. He's a Designated hitter. Ibanez today was 1-5 with 4 RBIs and a home run. I'll take those 4 RBIs, it's helped a lot, despite the loss (Rays 7 - Yankees 6.)

Look, you know me, I like when my New York Yankees prove me wrong. I like when I think something’s not going to work out, like Ibanez was in Spring Training, and then he does work out, because, not only does it get me happy to see that the parts to the Yankees puzzle that Cashman collected are working, but they are working better than expected. Now, let’s be honest, I don’t expect every game to be a 4 RBI game for Ibanez. I can tell you though, if they are, we are going to have a very, very productive Designated Hitter and Cash, Tony Pena and Joe Girardi made the right call.

Meanwhile, Johnny Damon is still sitting on his couch unemployed, although Scott Boras was quoted the other day as saying that Damon will sign by May 1st, read HERE, but he doesn’t know where yet. Johnny, with all due respect, we loved you…the key word is LOVED, but you allowed your agent to run you and let’s face it…It’s over Johnny... it's over.


Besides, maybe it just took Ibanez all Spring to get adjusted, whatever the case, I am pleased now. I like Ibanez, but I hated what I saw this Spring. Then today, he gets 4 RBIs and hits a home run. That’s not only productive, that’s a veteran leader and I welcome it…and I can’t wait for my next fix of Ibanez.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017