Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WHY HIGH SOCKS FOR HOPE IS IMPORTANT

It’s not every day that I get behind an important cause, but I have tried my best to promote and bring awareness to causes that are run by special people. Sure, the ones that Bleeding Yankee Blue get behind tend to be Yankee related, but I’m a Yankee fan and that alone made me aware of what they are in the first place! Once I read about them, I chose to promote them on BYB because I believe in these people doing wonderful things. For example, in the past we have told you all about the wonderful job the Jorge Posada Foundation has done with children with Craniosynostosis... you know Jorge and Laura run that and we here at BYB truly appreciate Natalie Niekro and all her hard work with the Joe Niekro Foundation. We interviewed her about her father Joe in ONCE A YANKEE, ALWAYS A YANKEE.

One foundation that just makes my heart explode with kindness though is High Socks for Hope run by David and Erin Robertson. When I see a family displaced and everything they own is gone due to a natural disaster like a tornado, my heart breaks. I’m man supporting a family of 6. I cannot imagine having nothing for my family in the blink of an eye. Sure, parents do what they can, but once you build a life for people you support and it’s wiped out, what do you do? That’s why High Socks for Hope is so important to me. I lived in Kentucky for a short time when I was a kid and I remember the worry when tornado season kicked in gear. Sure, you live your life but it’s always in the back of your mind.

I applaud what David and Erin Robertson have done and just to fill you in, Tuscaloosa, Alabama was slammed with life threatening tornadoes back on April 27, 2011. It was David’s home town and because of that destruction, he and Erin kicked into gear and started to make a difference getting supplies to the people there that lost everything and start the rebuilding. It is tremendously kind and you need to be a very special person to do what they've done.

The cause is important, the need is real and the help is always needed and I just wanted to remind you all that anything you can do, large or small is important to High Socks for Hope. As David told me in our interview with him last year (HIGH SOCKS FOR HOPE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW):

David Robertson: "There are several ways people can help out. If someone would like to make a tax-deductible donation, they can make checks payable to: "The David and Erin Robertson Foundation" and mail checks to:

Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund
PO Box 770001
Cincinnati, OH 45277-0053"

And don’t forget about the other foundations that Bleeding Yankee Blue also supports. Pick a cause that’s important to you and give alittle. We here at BYB are hoping to have a very important announcement soon in reference to High Socks for Hope and we hope you guys will look for it.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and look for the hashtag #BYB. Also, join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017