Monday, December 19, 2011

WHY IT MAY BE A GOOD TIME TO GET LIRIANO

I know what you’re thinking, we’ve been through this before, why are we talking about Francisco Liriano again? It's quite simple, in this world of “non-movement” by the Yankees this off season, Names pop in my head all day, much like you I suppose, on how the Yankees might be able to better their rotation.

Francisco Liriano is not the pitcher that he once was, but he is still a good pitcher and I believe, in the Yankees rotation, perhaps a #3 guy, he would prove effective. The Yankees have always liked Francisco Liriano and the big factor clearly is the injury situation, and his ERA. Last season he posted a 9-10 record, 5.09 ERA with 112 strikeouts but I believe with a team like the Yankees, that ERA and record could improve. Liriano is 28 and a lefty as well, which always makes me happy. I believe turning him around to make him a star like he was once anticipated to be is possible.

The Twins would want some good prospects, but they’re not going to be putting Liriano on a pedestal like the Athletics are doing with Gio Gonzalez. Everyone knows Liriano is not the Liriano he was once supposed to be and his career numbers are out there for the world to see. So, if they wanted pitching return it would make sense to give up someone like Dellin Betances, a pitcher who had a taste of the major league spotlight in 2011 and in my opinion could be someone who could be swapped with Francisco, perhaps along with a low level prospect of our choice. Anything more would be silly. If the Twins wanted Jesus Montero, I’d hang up.

Yes, it’s true, there are many that wouldn’t want Liriano in pinstripes. I’d be willing to take that chance. There’s something about him that puts him in a better light than an AJ Burnett. For the record, if the Twins took AJ for Liriano, I’d welcome it, and personally, I think that's a pretty fair trade... I’d even personally drop him off in Minnesota. If the Twins wanted us to pick up some of Burnett’s salary, I’d do that too.

I don’t know, its’ been quiet, what can I say, I have baseball on my mind and the Yankees have done nothing spectacular. Why? Not sure… it’s been quiet though, very very quiet…do you hear that? Nothing.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017