Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WHY BOBBY V. IS RESPECTED, NOT FEARED

Wally Matthews has an ESPN piece titled Bobby V. to Boston: Be afraid, Yankee Fans –be very afraid. Read it HERE. No way Wally. Look, I’ve heard the argument before about Bobby Valentine being one of the greatest managers ever and that he’s terrific and I tell you this…while I respect Bobby Valentine, I do not fear him, in fact none of us Yankee fans do and none of us ever will. I say this for 1 important reason… what has Bobby Valentine ever won in Major League Baseball?

Wally goes on in his piece with the following: “In 2000, Bobby Valentine too the Mets team that boasted Benny Agbayani and Jay Payton in its outfield, Little Mikey Bordick at shortstop and Glendon Rusch, Bobby Jones and Rick Reed in the starting rotation and brought it to the World Series.” Good point Wally, but they lost.

He goes on: “Then he went to japan and won a championship with the Chiba Lotte Marines, becoming so popular in the process, they practically appointed him emperor.” True Wally, but that’s Japan, not Major League Baseball in the United States.

Well..anyway, the point of Wally’s article is to insinutate that if Bobby Valentine becomes manager of the Boston Red Sox, it’s curtains for the Yankees, because not only will Bobby be there, the evil Red Sox will then sign Albert Pujols and CJ Wilson. Why? Plus, how is any of this possible?? How much money could the Boston Red Sox possibly have that they would pay Bobby V., Albert Pujols and CJ Wilson after they already have dumped a bad contract on Carl Crawford and signed Adrian Gonzalez to multi-years? I don’t see the connection, in fact, I see his piece to be abit flat. Bottom line, I'm not concerned Ladies and Gentlemen and either should you be. This my friends is a silly piece put together so dummies like me fall into the trap of writing a rant about it. Guess what, I fell for it, stupid me. Look, Bobby’s a good manager. I will never forget him getting kicked out of a Mets game only to sneak back in the dugout wearing a mustache; not only was it genius, but he genuinely wanted to continue leading his team at any cost. You have to respect that. There’s that word again…respect. Yes, I respect Bobby V… but one thing Yankee fans do not need to do is fear him. That, my friends is just silly.

Please comment, we have DISQUS. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017