Friday, November 18, 2011

THE TALE OF 2 ARODS

“The Yankees made two big moves this off season, Keeping CC and I expect to be who I have been in the past.”

Alex Rodriguez to the New York Post

This is typical ARod. The only thing better would be if he said that “ARod will be back," and used his nickname and spoke in the third person. Not only would have been vintage ARod, it would have been funny to me. The reality is though, many of us don't care for ARod, it wasn't ARod, that fictional selfish superhero that helped us win it all in 2009. No, that was Alex Rodriguez.

I know, I know, I'm confusing things... you're saying to me, "Fool, ARod and Alex are the same person, have you lost your mind?" Not really, in fact, I make perfect sense, to me. ARod is the guy who comes off as arrogant and selfish and is out for himself, Alex isn't that guy. Alex is a team player and we had a glimpse of that in 2009 and all of Yankeeland loved it. Alex won everybody over... ARod never did. I don't want the ego-manic back, I want Alex back. Winning for the team and not himself, because I need to be honest with you, I like Alex Rodriguez. Why? Because I understand him. It’s like the guy at work that’s an arrogant prick and just talks about himself all day at the water cooler. If you know it’s going to happen, it doesn’t bother you as much than if it keeps on happening and you let it annoy you. Bottom line, I know ARod has a huge ego and I don’t care, I just want him to transform into a human form, like we had a taste of in 2009. We just want him to hit the crap out of the ball, relax alittle and understand what "team" is again and have fun. We need him to stop being such a tight ass, stop acting like he's on stage and start being a ballplayer again... after all, it is the "Yankee way", is it not?

Bottom line... Alex will shine again, I know he will and I’m rooting for it. You almost can’t hammer Alex for his lousy post season and 2011…the guy was only in 99 games and wasn't 100%. That's a fact. Girardi wasn't putting Alex in because he was able to play in the postseason, he was putting Alex in because he wanted to play and Joe was hoping that Alex's hitting could "just happen." Well, it's not that easy if you're not healthy. His numbers were low, he wasn’t in a rhythm and he just never was able to become vintage Alex. But he will... I know it.

Can Alex hit 30 home runs again? Sure he can, let the knee heal, after all, the legs are a huge part of batting… if you don’t believe me, just ask Kevin Long. That knee and who knows, maybe the hip was cranky, and that no doubt really affected Alex and didn’t allow him to perform 100%. I believe that. I see big things for Alex in 2012, the same way Derek Jeter proved to the world that batting .270 in 2010 was a fluke. 2011 was injury filled for Alex Rodriguez and he’s not done, he was hurt that's all. I leave you with this quote from his interview with the New York Post:

“I know Yankee fans were disappointed last year, but (they) won’t be next year.”

Good Alex, we can’t wait.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017