Monday, July 25, 2011

WHY MY GUT SAYS FELIX IS BRONX BOUND

There is a gut feeling telling me that somethings going to happen with the King and the Yankees. I know I know, I've read what you've read, but with the Seattle Mariners falling apart, it would make sense. Now, I can only go by gut and the way things have been written, and by the way, that gives me hope. The headline in the Seattle Times reads "Mariners aren't in any hurry to make trades at the deadline". Well, that isn't exactly a "NO". Now, if you read future it goes on to say that pitchers like Felix Hernandez and Michael Pineda are in the "untouchable" category, I don't believe that. Why? Because a things have developed in what I've been reading and that allows me to think otherwise.

  • Jesus Montero: His name is attached to a ton of trade talk and while Brian Cashman insists that Montero is going nowhere, one would tell you that talk is cheap, especially with the Yankees craving a top starter. Every blog and paper is analyzing this and while all of us don't have the inside scoop, all of us know how Brian Cashman works. It would make sense the unload Montero if a top starter, and my gut says it's going to happen. Plus, read the analysis of Montero and how different it was from Spring training when Montero was larger than life and "untouchable":
Sliding Into Home: If the price is right, trade Montero
The Yankees Analysts title: Jesus Montero's declining Stock
Pinstripe Alley: states "Montero is trade bait"
Gack Sports headline: Cash, Jesus has to go

I remember March of this year when Jesus Montero was the young stud everyone wanted to see behind the plate, including me and suddenly, Yankee fans are edgy and antsy for some solid starting pitching behind CC and now, and only now, are we starting to see an outcry.

Personally, I like the idea of trading Montero. Look we have some great catchers with great futures behind him, Austin Romine and Gary Sanchez. Bleeding Yankee Blue even wrote WHY ROMINE MAY BE THE FUTURE, NOT MONTERO. To me, while I love Montero, it is clear that he should be the guy that should be moved, especially if teams that are willing to unload solid starters want him. Now, it won't just be Montero, these teams will be looking at other guys like Dellin Betances, Manny Banuelos and even Andrew Brackman. Clearly Cashman is smart enough to not give up the farm, those 3 guys are our future pitching staff, but if he were to unload 2 guys, say Montero and Betances, and some major league ready guys, like Hector Noesi or a Ivan Nova, I'd say we have something there.

Everyone knows Cashman's a liar, that's what makes him a great GM, he never shows his hand and we wake up the next morning with something bigger and better than what we had the day before. At that point, Yankee fans are sad for what we gave up, but over excited for what we got.Every team has a price and no player is untouchable. Remember that. The Mariners are coming into town and if you think that Cashman is going too just blow off any type of "sit down" with the Mariners for the possibility of a Pineda or King Felix, you're misinformed. I'm not saying this is going to happen by July 31st, but it's going to happen, I feel it in my gut.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

3 comments:

  1. We are the New York Yankees. They are the Seattle Mariners. We should tell them, "You don't want to pay Felix Hernandez's salary? Here's what we'll give you for him: Money. Use it to buy your own damn players, you're getting none from us." And if they say, "No deal," we'll say, "Good luck, we can get Felix for no players anyway in the off-season. Then what will you have gotten out of it? You dumb schmucks, this is why you've never won a Pennant. That, and we embarrassed you in 2001."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Mike. love your analysis all the time. thanks for commenting again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote "If the price is right, trade Montero". Thanks for the shout-out man! And btw, I agree. I think Kiing Felix will either get traded to the Bronx or sign with them in the offseason.

    Nice post. Got me really optimistic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017