Thursday, February 10, 2011

WHY WE NEED TO KEEP THE KIDS

If you understand Cashman, you understand that he doesn't like to be outdone. The evil Red Sox have made a significant splash this off season. The Yanks have not. The Aceves signing, while Cashman will act like it isn't a big deal, IS a big deal. Cashman's pissed. He won't tell us, but he is. And at the end of the day, he will do something to prove to every Yankee fan that we still have a shot. And for that moment of triumph, whomever he trades for, we will love Cashman again...because he's proved he's trying. I have no problem with it, it's his job. I'm not giving up, I'm accepting what's happened to my Yankees and adjusting accordingly. Now, I suspect a trade is in the air. After all, it is February and my guts telling me so. It's the way of Cash. Quiet like a mouse and then BOOM!!! I just don't have any other reasoning to justify why it's been so slow. In the back of my mind though, I worry about Jesus Montero's future with the Yanks, and so do many others. There's even a campaign on Facebook called simply DON'T TRADE JESUS MONTERO. (Try clicking here, if that doesn't work, just type it in.) Bottom line, the concern is real. It's a tough situation. I'll say something that Steven A. Smith said last night on the radio: "You can't get something for nothing". It applies here.

Pitching wins championships. The question is, do we sacrifice a hot prospect catcher like Jesus Montero for a pitcher better than what we've signed so far? I say NO because I know Jesus Montero and Austin Romine are the future of the Yankees and that's pretty exciting. But I don't work for the Yankees and neither do you. Right now, the Yankee meetings consist of holding off on trading these kids until they come to an end road. Once they realize they may not have a shot with the pitching they have, they press the panic button. Next thing you know, we don't make the playoffs with the pitcher we get and our trading chip becomes a superstar somewhere else. I hate that.

My point is, I just hope, whatever pitcher they choose, that pitcher needs to help us win it all...no excuses. Otherwise, we're all a year older, our young star is gone and we need to start looking at 2012 while 2011 passes us by.


Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017