Thursday, September 5, 2024

MAYBE THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF STERLING'S RETURN SENDS POSITIVE VIBES TO SINKING YANKEES


The headline is specific because it has to be. The Yankees stink.  I put a tweet out the other day because we all hate Clay Holmes right now, but I hate Aaron Boone more.  


I mean, Holmes can't shut shit down as our closer, this is true, but Boone's the one who trots this guy out there.  Boone's responsible.  Boone's ridiculous.  

Right now, the Yankees are a half game out of first.  I'm not throwing my Yankee gear in the garbage any time soon, but once again I do have to question why this team is so damn inconsistent.  I'll tell you why, the manager sucks.  More to that, it's what another guy tweeted the other day, I love the Yankees... I hate the Yankees organization, meaning, the front office, the guys who make terrible decisions... the guys who try to steal from the fans of all their money with bad food and constant commercials of the one free agent who has done everything along with Aaron Judge... Juan Soto.

Even John Sterling abruptly retired.  While I secretly was hoping to see a story about how Sterling left because he can't stand the Yankees decision making, it's another story... this one is about how Sterling is coming back... and that's cool.

Sports Illustrated writes:

"The Yankees are bringing back retired announcer John Sterling to call playoff games for WFAN-AM, according to a Thursday afternoon report from Andrew Marchand of The Athletic.... Per Marchand, Sterling "will call both home and road games for the Yankees in October," "team up with his longtime partner, (color commentator) Suzyn Waldman," and "call some regular-season tune-up games to prepare for the playoffs."

After the playoffs, Sterling appears set to resume his retirement."

The craziest part about the entire story is actually thinking that we'd even go deep into the playoffs.  Sure, we'll make it, but I do not see this team doing much of anything with 2 hitters and a half ass pitching rotation.  While the story is nice, I feel like we're getting way too ahead of ourselves.  

Look, I'm glad to see John come back. That's the feel-good part of this.  Now we see if we'll feel good about the Yankees IN the playoffs.  Time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.