Monday, March 20, 2023

TODD FRAZIER MAKES A YANKEES COMEBACK OF SORTS


It's true! But maybe not the way you are expecting. Todd Frazier is returning to the Yankees but his playing days are over. Now, he will join YES Network as a studio analyst and I have to admit that I am intrigued, he's not someone that comes to mind for this opportunity.

When Jack Curry broke the news over the weekend I will admit I had to do a double-take. I blinked to make sure I was reading the tweet correctly and sure enough, my eyes did not deceive me!


I am not sure why I never considered Frazier for an analyst spot, but now that I think about it, this makes sense! Frazier has previously called Little League World Series games for ESPN and recently launched a new streaming MLB show called "Foul Territory" with other former MLB stars. You can check out the show HERE and the shows have interested unfiltered conversations, lively debates and unique player perspectives on the games hottest topics. He's a perfect fit for an analyst role on YES Network.

Not to mention, he's got fan appeal. Frazier wasn't a Yankee for very long, but when the Yankees picked him up in 2017 he made a big difference. He helped the Yankees get to the ALCS and who can forget his "thumbs down" celebration that became a huge rally cry in the Bronx that season. I actually miss that.

We don't know what Frazier's new role will be exactly, but I can already guarantee that he will be a million times better than Carlos Beltran who we thankfully will never have to listen to him announce another Yankee game again. This is already a major upgrade, and I feel confident saying that without hearing him talking about Yankee baseball yet.

Welcome back to the Bronx, Frazier! 


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017