Saturday, October 27, 2018

DON'T WORRY... JACOBY ELLSBURY WILL BE READY

Photo: New York Post
I get a kick out of this story and a lot of it has to do with the fact that Jacoby Ellbury was out all damn season and reality is... WE DON'T NEED THE GUY.  And so, when Scott Boros comes out and let's the world know that Ellbsury will be ready for the 2019 season... I have to say, who cares.... honestly.

The New York Post:

"Scott Boras said Jacoby Ellsbury will be ready for spring training after undergoing hip surgery late last season and missing the entire 2018 year. 

Photo: New York Post
'He got the right doctor and the right surgery, and I fully expect him to be ready [for spring training],' Ellsbury’s agent said before Game 3 of the World Series between the Red Sox and Dodgers at Dodger Stadium on Friday night. "

So where's he gonna play Scott? We have Judge, Stanton, Gardy, Hicks.. oh yeah... and Clint Frazier.  It's over Scott... Sadly, it's over Jacoby.

I mean sure, we're still owed him over 40 million for the next 2 years, but there's gotta be a way to cut this loser loose and eat some of that money and ship him off to another team for a bag of balls and L-screen.

Right?



Shop BYB


1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't mind seeing him cut loose or traded, eating salary.
    Going to eat it if we cit him loose.
    He has a full no trade, I am sorry there should never be a no trade contract in baseball with todays salaries.If I am paying you 20 plus million dollars year I should be able to trade you to any team.
    I understand 10/5 rules but even then I am not crazy about that either.
    Ellsbury would want to accept a trade just to prove he is healthy and prove the Yankees he isn't done.
    I don't want Ellsbury back and Gardy cut loose, I would rather see Gardy back though I get the feeling Yankees may add Harper in which case Frazier would be a cheaper 4 the OF than Gardy.
    In which you sign Gardy as coach and instructor and then let him take his hacks in the cage and just before rosters expand sign him to an expensive Milb pact.
    Time to definitely move on from Ellsbury though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017