Tuesday, November 7, 2017

ROY HALLADAY IS DEAD

Horrible story out a short time ago about the loss of star pitcher Roy Halladay.

Photo: Getty Images
The AP reports the following:

"Roy Halladay, a two-time Cy Young Award winner who pitched a perfect game and a playoff no-hitter for the Philadelphia Phillies, died Tuesday when his private plane crashed into the Gulf of Mexico. He was 40...


Photo: Getty Images
Halladay, who retired after the 2013 season, was an amateur pilot who often posted on social media about small planes .

'I have dreamed about owning a A5 since I retired! Real life is better then my dreams!!' Halladay tweeted on Oct. 13...

'We are numb over the very tragic news about Roy Halladay's untimely death,' the Phillies said in a statement. 'There are no words to describe the sadness that the entire Phillies family is feeling over the loss of one of the most respected human beings to ever play the game.'"

Now, my 15 year old was how I found out the news.  He texted me, and for my son, now a real baseball fanatic, he was alittle upset just because he learned about Halladay right before he retired and appreciated him as such a seasoned and decorated athlete.  2 time Cy Young, 8 time All-Star. 

Photo: Getty Images
It just breaks your heart to hear about stuff like this.  I know my kid's bummed today over this terrible accident.

Nothing more to say... it's a sad day for the baseball world.

My heart goes out to the Halladay family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017