Saturday, December 17, 2016

IT'S BEEN A WONDERFUL LIFE, MARK FEINSAND


When you go to journalism school, you learn about the legendary news writers and reporters and you may even study and apprentice under their them.  When I went to Boston University to learn how to be journalist and develop my craft, I was mentored by the best- leaders in the media world who have left their mark on the field forever.  I met and interviewed legendary baseball analyst Peter Gammons. Emmy-award winning producers and general managers taught me how to critique my writing and pushed me hard to go the distance.  And the articles I read and screened helped me become the writer I am today.  So when I learned that Daily News sports columnist and Yankee beat writer Mark Feinsand inked his last piece for the News, I became reflective.

Source: New York Daily News
"Fans are passionate about their team, but as a writer, the wins and losses don’t faze me. It’s the people I’ve met along the way that will stay with me above all else, from my fellow beat reporters and co-workers to the players, scouts, executives and others that have helped (or in some cases, hindered) me do the best job I possibly could," said Feinsand in his final post for the News following a 16-year tenure at the New York tabloid.


I have been reading and listening to Feinsand for years.  If he was writing about it, it was most definitely relevant and worth reviewing.  From Joe Torre to Derek Jeter to Alex Rodriguez to Gary Sanchez, Feinsand provided us a reflective angle to wrap our heads around.  Without him, Yankee journalism would not have the uniqueness it has.

Source: CBS New York - CBS Local
"As much fun as it is to cover a team during a championship run, it’s not what I’ll take away most from this past decade. I’ve seen greatness up close, watching Rivera chase down the all-time saves record, Jeter become the first Yankee with 3,000 hits and both Pettitte and Sabathia pass the 200-win milestone," said Feinsand.


It's been a wonderful life here in Yankeeland with you in it, Mark!

We appreciate your wit and your honest analysis.  Feinsand has these parting words to fans from his Facebook page, "I’m still working on my next step, though I hope to have something to announce in the coming weeks. I’ve covered more than 2,000 games on the Yankees beat, but rest assured, there are more to come."

Broadcast booth, Mark?  We shall see, but until then, thanks for giving us your best through your columns and interesting angles at the News.



--Suzie Pinstripe
BYB Managing Editor
Twitter: @suzieprof






1 comment:

  1. Best wishes to you and hope to be reading you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017