Friday, August 14, 2015

I JINXED ELLSBURY & GARDNER!


There is no denying the Yankees offense had come to a grinding halt overall the last week or so. It had been pretty bad. It has started from the top and moved down the order. Jacoby Ellsbury and Brett Gardner hadn't done their jobs at all and it was time for them to step up! Now, you never want to jinx a player, but in this case I did something nuts... I jinxed them... and I think it worked!

I'm a huge believer in superstition. HUGE! Does it bother you guys as much as me when an announcer says "He hasn't blown a save in 30 straight chances" or "He hasn't missed a field goal inside 40 yards since 2011"?  It drives me nuts and my stomach turns. They jinx the crap out of them!


So here it is; Ellsbury hadn't had a hit in four games until last night. He also only one multi hit game in his last ten until last night. And Gardy? Well, Gardner didn't have a hit in his last three games before last night's game. Finally, the vibes must have hit them in Cleveland, because Gardy broke out, having 3 hits last night. I am hoping things now change... not only for Gardy, but for both men!

Bottom line, without these two getting on base and creating run scoring opportunities, the offense will be in serious trouble. Even for a guy like me who thinks the glass is half full, I was starting to worry.


Every baseball fan knows the top of the lineup is there to get on base, put pressure on opposing defenses and pitchers with their ability to run and play small ball when necessary and allow the big boppers in the three-four and five holes to drive them in. This simply hadn't been the case until last night... FINALLY!  Maybe they got a whiff that I was writing this before last night's game! Look, before last night, in the last 10 games, Ellsbury and Gardner had scored a combined five runs for one of the most potent offenses in the league. Wow.  Hopefully it changes with last night's production.

Now get your butt's out there, take a deep breath, and keep your new "hot" streak hot and don't give up on your production at the plate! There's no question your drought was devastating to the Yankees production.  Keep it going like last night, and let's have some fun and play some baseball!!!!!

Ells... Gardy... I hope I jinxed you guys!


  
--Dan Lucia
BYB Writer
Twitter: @DManLucia

 



You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017