Friday, November 14, 2014

SOURCE: ROX WANT "A LOT" OF TOP PROSPECTS FOR TULO

New and big information is dribbling out from our source in reference to the story we brought you late last night about Troy Tulowitzki and his possible trade to the New York Yankees. Read that initial story at: SOURCE: "TULOWITZKI TO THE YANKEES..." if you haven't already.


It appears the Colorado Rockies want a heck of a lot in exchange for Troy.  After we posted our story last night, I had one thing on my mind.  We wanted to make sure we got you information on who those Yankees prospects were on the Rockies radar.  I can confirm that we now know.

(In Photo: Luis Severino)
According to our guy, the Rockies are interested in Luis Severino "as well as Rob Refsnyder or Greg Bird."  Not all three, EITHER Refsnyder or Bird.

But that's not all, they are looking for "an MLB ready pitcher".

"Who are they thinking?" we asked...


"Shane Greene or a Manny Banuelos," he said. 

Now, if we know anything about the Yankees, we know that their love for prospects doesn't go far enough.  Their veteran roster leaves it pretty difficult for youth to be injected onto the team long term during a season.  Sure, there are guys like Jose Pirela and finally Dellin Betances, but for the most part, the Yankees farm system is bred for trading and not for introducing to the Yankee fan base long term. That's my opinion at least. 

Now, as stated late last night, we at BYB trust our source and you know us, we don't play the "sources close to the team" game, because, well, we're not baseball insiders.  The funniest part of this Tulo story is for us is the insiders are confused.  I was sarcastically told today, "My sources don't have the information on Tulo that you claim."

That I claim? Really? My response?

"You and I clearly have different sources."

I don't need that arrogance and I don't need people insinuating we don't know what we're talking about. Bottom line, we don't do this enough to crap around.  We're presenting this information carefully and thoroughly.  We're not careless.


Also, let me be the first to tell you that we do not know if this deal is on the books or not. Our source could not confirm that. BYB believes he has NOT been presented, but rather internal.  I can tell you that it's been discussed and it's a serious pitch to the Yanks.  But if you want my opinion... this trade at this point is ridiculous.   Why? I'll tell you...

(In Photo: Greg Bird)
Most likely the Yankees would have to pick up a lot of salary on Tulo's contract.  Secondly, we've heard too many good things about Bird and Refsnyder and Severino to even think this exchange makes sense.  If I had to guess, with what I just presented to you, this deal ain't happening. It would have to be seriously restructured.

If I get more info about this story, we will of course bring it to you, our BYB freaks! 

Thanks for trusting us with our big Tulo story.  We'll continue to keep you in the loop on this...

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017