Saturday, July 19, 2014

GET PHELPS RUN SUPPORT & HE'LL WIN

What's been the biggest problem for David Phelps? Run support.  He has the tools and ability to win, but if the team doesn't score runs, he won't. Last night, against the Reds, he did.


Now, I like the Reds, or let me say I did when Pete Rose played.  I remember growing up in Kentucky for a few years in the 70's and the Big Red Machine was all anyone talked about.  I was young, but I still remember kids wearing Reds shirts and I remember the first time I saw Pete Rose play, I was taken by the guy.  He was incredible... he needs to be in the Hall of Fame... but that's another post for another time.

You see, There was a place called King's Island in Ohio and we'd visit there once in a while for a family trip, and when we did... it was Reds country... especially in the 70's. 


Of course, when we moved back to the Tri-State area in 1978, and I saw a guy named Ron Guidry pitch, and well, it was all over, I was an instant fan and never looked back.


These days, the Reds are just another team to me and last night, they gave the Yankees and Phelps a run for their money.  But the Yankees held on.  Phelps went 6.1 innings giving up 6 hits and 3 runs. 


The pen of Dellin Betances and David Robertson didn't give up another run.  DRob got the save, his 24th.

The Yankee hitting and run scoring went like this:


Brian McCann doubled home a run in the 1st. In the 3rd, Carlos Beltran singled knocking in Derek Jeter. In the 5th, Jacoby Ellsbury homered knocking in Jeet again.  That was it for us. 4 runs. Brayan Pena homered for the Reds again in the 7th (he hit 2 in the game), but it was a solo shot... the Reds couldn't crack our pen... I love that.

Over all, despite the Yankees 3 errors, a good game for the Yankees.  They needed the win, they got it... here come the Yankees.

Final: Yankees 4 - Reds 3

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017