Sunday, May 25, 2014

WINNERS DON'T SIT IN THE DUGOUT

That is what I am telling myself these days. It's a wake-up call I guess, but I have learned a lot in the past few weeks. I think a lot of times we get caught up with the hustle and bustle in life. I know I do. It's been a struggle to find that balance but I am getting there.


I miss the days when I was a little kid and had no responsibilities. I think having bills to pay and obligations are overrated. I am sure I am like most people in the world who grinds life out day to day and sometimes doesn't take the time to "smell the roses" so to speak. I mean, just like many people I work the eight hour gig five days a week and then I work here too. I have to admit, I like one gig much more than the other though....and hopefully it is noticeable.


So what am I getting at? After spending so much time being a workaholic I am learning how to take the time to "smell the roses." I have been reading a lot of interviews lately from two of our favorite people here at Bleeding Yankee Blue and if you read us a lot you know we love the Posadas. There is just something about Laura Posada that truly inspires me. I love how she is so passionate about balancing her work life, maintaining such a strong family unit and staying active.  It makes me wonder if there is anything she can't do. So, I am taking a lesson from Laura Posada.


A few weeks ago my job created a softball team to compete in the city leagues. I figured it can only help with the whole staying fit part in life, right? Oh and it gives me extra play time because all work and no play is what I am trying to change. So....I did it. I am playing softball. Our team may possibly be the worst team in the D league circuit, but it's a good time.

My first game I went through the growing pains I guess. There is nothing like trying diving for a ball, missing and then eating dirt. I was trying to get my Graig Nettles on and let's just say it didn't really go according to plan. My arms are good evidence to that, they got a little tore up.


This week I tried to pull a Derek Jeter. What do I mean? I ran after a pop up and did this little jump that almost ended up like his famous dive into the stands against the Red Sox. Major difference here is I sort of tripped over the back end of the bag and almost ran into a brick wall. Keyword being almost but hey I am gonna grind it out and go big or go home.


The important part in all of this is that while we most likely won't be the champions once all is said and done but we are grinding it out like Jorge Posada did. I have seen how my team is bonding together in ways you don't see at the office because we all have different roles and most times don't even get to talk to each other. There is a chemistry forming and maybe even some new friendships. It's something that I would never see happen if I didn't make the change.

I guess I am learning just how short life can be and that there really is so much more than being a robot day in and day out. Maybe I am getting a tiny piece of what it is like for our Yankees out on the field. It's not the same but I can absolutely say that I share the same passion.

So hopefully, once all is said and done and the season is over I can say I gave 110% and that I not only lived up to everything that I learned from the Posadas but that I also pushed myself and learned a lot. This is real life, and I am not going to strike out by letting life pass me by. So....GRIND IT!





 --Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ


 

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017