Sunday, April 6, 2014

BACKING RYAN BRAUN: A BREWERS FAN'S TAKE


I wanted to share a comment from a Milwaukee Brewers fan.  I know it's weird, but we like to be fair here at BYB and I saw this comment when we wrote WHY DID RYAN BRAUN GET A STANDING OVATION? Ike Dimitriadis had a opinion piece on Ryan Braun and his return to Mikwaukee, and we received a ton of feedback.

Now granted, When it comes to PEDs use, we have an issue with that. We also forgive here, but it's not easy, after all, baseball is supposed to be played clean. But in the spirit of this great game of baseball, I wanted to share all sides, and so, this comment comes from Karen Baumhardt, a Brewers fan, and someone that wandered onto the pages of BYB. It's a great comment, and so, we're sharing it here at BYB:


"I am a Brewer fan. I was at the game on opening day and I was on my feet for the ovation. Ryan Braun is a member of my team. Yes, he did wrong. I am not disputing that. .. But he carried out his suspension. He is once again on the field and I support my team 100%. I believe the ovation was not for saying what he did was OK but to let him know that it's a new year for ball and we are ready to move on. He will get enough booing from his road trips to last a lifetime. He should be comfortable in his own Stadium. He's a ball player. It's time to play ball not throw stones at him the whole year."

You know, she's right.  Now, I loved reading our piece by Ike Dimitriadis. I thought it was great. But Karen's comment was too, and we offer all sides here.

Thanks for commenting Karen, we appreciate it. I tip my cap to you. Play Ball!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017