Thursday, February 20, 2014

PETE CALDERA: THE VOICE

I've done this before and I'll keep doing it. We have a very important announcement to make;  Saturday, February 22 at the Carnegie Club in New York City, Bergen Record Yankee beat writer and all around nice guy Pete Caldera will be singing Sinatra!


There will be 2 shows, 8:30pm and 10:30pm at the Carnegie Club and trust me when I tell you, Pete kills it!  I've been to the show and I will make an effort to get to this one as well.  If you like that lounge type atmosphere... if you like a glass of wine or a bourbon on the rocks and the sweet smell of cigars in a dim room rich in mahogany... this is the place you need to be Saturday night.   Check out Pete in an appearance on FOX 5.


Look, you know me, I like when people chase their dreams. There is something very beautiful about that. It's appealing to me. Sure, Pete knew he was a great writer, but he also loved to sing and so he took it further.  We interviewed Pete a while back in NO ONE DOES THE YANKEES BETTER THAN PETE CALDERA. It was then that I first discovered his interest in crooning:


BYB: OK, So before I tell you how much I love reading you in the Bergen Record, I need to know about the singing part of Pete Caldera...

Pete Caldera: I'm lucky enough to get to live out two of my passions - baseball and music. I've always been a huge Frank Sinatra fan, and a fan of the great composers, arrangers and band leaders of the era.  The singing part really began in 2000, when I covered my first Yankees spring training for another newspaper;  we'd invariably find ourselves at the piano bar in a Tampa restaurant called Donatello, and it grew from there. 

Lucky for anyone in New York City this weekend, because he's at the Carnegie Club! Remember, it's Saturday night, February 22nd and there are 2 shows, 8:30pm and 10:30pm.  Check it out... you won't be disappointed.  Don't believe me? Ask Wally Matthews!

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fasted growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017