Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"YOU'RE KIND OF A BIG DEAL"


The first thing I thought of when that title above was tweeted to me was Ron Burgundy standing there hitting on Veronica Corningstone in Anchorman. The truth is, Ron said “I’m kind of a big deal", but you know what I'm getting at.

 

My friend @Canipettitte wrote this to me the other day.
While flattering, there’s a bigger picture here. First off... No, I’m not a big deal but flattery will get you everywhere.  Secondly, Bleeding Yankee Blue became a “thing” because of who is involved in the process.  Sure, I’m here, this started as a fluke, but the writers that put their blood, sweat and tears into BYB are a huge part of this, and of course, the readers are as well.

The BYB freaks surprise me every day.  Not to paraphrase from a line from Sally Field when she won an academy award for, but “You like us, you REALLY Like us!



Thanks, we like you too. But as Sally says, she wanted the fellow actor's respect and we want respect here too.   There are always haters and you know what? They will never truly get what this website is all about.  I mean sure, it's a Yankees fan site, but we've developed into a family. But the hater's hate and when they do that, they don't really have a reason, other than being douchebags.  Like this putz below who, when I posted RETIRING TORRE'S NUMBER IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, had absolutely no valid argument for not wanting Joe Torre's number retired, only to suggest that it shouldn't be retired because "he wasn't a Torre fan." Well, let's be honest, who cares? It's not about you dude?


Again, respect. You respect me, I respect you. You screw with me, I sick BYB nation on you. We're here because we're honest, friendly, fair and... did I say friendly? Oh yeah, I did.  We're also not know-it-alls, we're fans of the New York Yankees... we're also a family. If you have a valid argument, make it, but know what you're talking about, read our pieces and criticize with a reason... don't just to be a jackass.


Look, if Yankee wives like Laura Posada and Amber Sabathia are endorsing Bleeding Yankee Blue on Twitter... we must be be doing something right... right?

Hey, you guys will never truly know just how important you are in this whole scenario.  More importantly, you get us, you understand what we’re doing here.  We’re not trying to be like the rest.  I can feed you stats all day, what does that matter? This website is driven by pure emotion and adrenaline.  If something happens in Yankeeland, we tell you and sometimes we REALLY tell you.  Is doesn’t mean we hate anyone, it means we have an opinion.  You get that. You also get that we know there is another side to it and we’re not always right.  We’re OK with that. You are too.  It’s a nice, friendly give and take.  Besides, it’s baseball, not heart surgery.

Hey @CanIPettitte, thanks for the shout out! Your heart's in the right place. We appreciate it, and we’re blushing over here at BYB, but it’s the readers that make this thing tick, not us and I appreciate it immensely. 

And to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers, the writers... to Amber Sabathia, Laura Posada... and to the New York Yankees new and old... Thank you... and that's not all...

Stay engaged. Be creative. Be phenomenal… or be forgotten.

That’s a life lesson, write that down.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017