Sunday, August 25, 2013

CALDERA-PALOOZA!


If you never knew Pete Caldera before Bleeding Yankee Blue, you sure as hell do now. I make sure to point out as much as possible how important Caldera is to the Bergen Record and sports writing. I've been reading him for a long time now, and still to this day, I usually going right to the sports pages of the Record daily and Pete's there delivering some nugget that the others never have.  I'm happy to say that over the past few years, I've gotten to know Pete and he's a great guy and true talent as well... because not only is he a great writer, he's a dynamic singer as well!

I grew up in an italian household. Frank Sinatra played all the time. Now, years later, Sinatra lives!  Pete does an outstanding job singing with the Stan Rubin Trio and has been doing it for a while now.  Back in April, I had the pleasure of venturing out and seeing Caldera live with the Trio at the Carnegie Club (156 West 56th Street) in Manhattan and it was outstanding.


A cigar, a glass of scotch, 3 fingers neat and alittle Sinatra in the body of Pete Caldera.  What a night!

And now...Ladies & Gentlemen, can I please have your attention... (I feel like Ron Burgandy right before he did a cannonball in the pool.)  Check this out:



On August 30th Caldera will once again be at the Carnegie Club with the Stan Rubin Trio. Tell a friend, tell your wife... tell your mother... this is big.  Seriously though, it's a good show.  Dress in proper attire, expect smoke, because it is a cigar bar, but it may be the coolest place you will ever "chill". Plus, the entertainment and atmosphere is terrific! He'll be performing from 9 to 12 that night.

So yeah, I'm sure Pete would tell me that this post is not necessary.  He seems like the type that doesn't want the fanfare, but it's important to help people out sometimes.  Pete's a good dude and if I can give him alittle plug and get you guys to go check him out, I will.  It's never a problem for me. I have a voice here at BYB, so why not use it, right?



And speaking of voice... again... August 30th at the Carnegie Club 9-12, Pete Caldera & the Stan Rubin Trio... be there, or be square.... it's Caldera-palooza!

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017