Saturday, April 13, 2013

THE YANKEES: A TRIPLE PLAY & AN AL EAST THREAT

The Yankees are alive.  Don't get it twisted.

Everything was great, what can I say. CC Monster was on the mound last night and in my opinion, he had total control.  8 innings pitched, 8 hits and and 2 runs allowed... that's it! Mariano Rivera came in, allowed 1 hit, no runs, he gets the save and we go home.  When it comes to the pitching, that's how it went down... pure dominance.


The offense was wonderful as well and there was one moment in the 7th where there was a fielding error off the bat of Vernon Wells, that scored Francisco Cervelli, Travis Hafner and Kevin Youkilis.  There there many things happening in Yankeeland.  One of the most important things is that the veterans are stepping it up big time.
The Yankees score 5 runs in all.

Eduardo Nunez got hit be a pitch again last night.  It came in the second inning and I'm not sure this guy is just having a streak of bad luck or if he's a klutz or what... you gotta feel bad for the guy though.

Overall though, the Bronx was buzzing.  Something is happening and there is one thing that happened, which you probably already know about, but it's worth talking about, watching and smiling in all....


The moment of the night, and maybe the moment of the season has got to be the triple play the Yankees pulled off last night.  I'm not even going to try and explain it because, 1. I can't give it justice, watch the video, and 2. I missed it, I'm going to admit it, but everyone who's a Yankee fan saw it.  I must confess, last night I ventured out and went to the Carnegie Club to watch Pete Caldera of the Bergen Record perform some classics with the Stan Rubin Quartet. At his break, we shoot hands and even he said to me. "They turned a triple play tonight!" This is a guy that was singing his heart out in a smokey cigar bar, but even he knew about it!  That's baseball for you... when the season is on, everybody knows when greatness happens.

Final last night: Yankees 5 - Orioles 2.

Today, Phil Hughes pitches, not Hiroki Kuroda, the game start is at 4:05pm... don't worry, we'll have the recap after tonight's game... I won't be gallivanting to the Carnegie Club tonight.

Go Yanks!

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017