Tuesday, March 26, 2013

YANKEE RUMORS: BETANCOURT & GARCIA

According to Andy McCullough of the Star Ledger, the Yankees and Yuniesky Betancourt had a conversation or two about coming over to the Bronx, read HERE.  Betancourt was recently released by the Philadelphia Phillies (HERE) and is currently looking for work.

This of course makes me suspicious of the "faith" the Yankees are really putting into Eduardo Nunez at shortstop.  I believe they love Nunez and want him to succeed, but I also think that they are worried about the Es he brings along with the position.  In other words, it's in the back of their mind.  Bringing in a veteran like Betancourt could provide alittle backup for the kid, and perhaps help him learn a few things.

That being said, there is an important part of this story from McCullough on this... there doesn't seem to be a fit between the Yanks and Betancourt.  Not doubt though, he will be signed somewhere... he still has talent.


Also, news out of Padreland (that doesn't sound as cool as Yankeeland)... it seems that Freddy Garcia was released by the San Diego Padres (read HERE). Garcia was competing for a 5th spot in their rotation.  It only makes me wonder if the Yanks would ever consider bringing him back as a minor league deal considering how helpful he was for us the past couple years. That's just friendly speculation on my part... I don't think we actually need the guy, I just like him.

Happy Tuesday. Carry on.
 Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017