Thursday, February 21, 2013

IF THE DEAL'S RIGHT, YOU'LL SHAVE

Ladies and Gentlemen, do not take David Price seriously. Don't know what I mean? I mean this...

While chatting it up with Jon Paul Morosi at FOX Sports, he was asked about if he'd ever go to the Yankees, especially because he'd have to shave.  Price said, "I wouldn’t stay there very long then... I wouldn’t sign a long-term deal there. Those rules, that’s old-school baseball. I was born in ’85. That’s not for me. That’s not something I want to be a part of." Read HERE.

Now, don't go hating Price... it was probably a casual chat with Morosi and Morosi saw a way to use it as a nugget to get people like me for instance, to write about it.  But let's examine the quote anyway and see where it goes...
Let me ask you a question... If you had a job opportunity that was paying you double or more and an opportunity to play on a team where guys like Babe Ruth or Whitey Ford played before... Plus you have a shot to win a championship with guys like Derek Jeter... are you gonna sit there and refuse a razor to your face because you're NOT old school? I say 1 thing to you... You're Stupid.


Look, I understand what it means to take a stand for something. I get "the protest" in ones life. I understood the bra burnings, I got the whole "Disco is Dead" thing.  I understand protests.  I do NOT understand not shaving if you had a huge shot to play for the New York Yankees.
And either does the Captain, Derek Jeter. Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News has Jeter's quote on Price HERE, saying “Do you really think some player would say no, all things considered, if it was a good deal for them? I’m not talking about his situation, but if it was a good deal for a player, I’m pretty sure most guys – maybe not all guys – would have no trouble shaving. Maybe it means a lot to him. I don’t know.”

I guess we stay tuned for this one... Shave-Gate... or something like that.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017