Saturday, October 13, 2012

REMEMBERING CORY LIDLE

(In Photo: Cory Lidle)
On October 11, 2006, Cory Lidle died in a plane crash in New York City.  It was sad day in baseball and for the Yankee family. I will never forget that day.  I was never a fan of Cory Lidle, but as you know I'm a fan of baseball and a fan of family. I always knew Lidle's playing ability, it was real and he was a talent. He cared about his team and you could probably ask anyone who played with him and they'd tell you.  Sure, I could have posted the photograph of the fire in the high rise that day, but there's no need for that. This accident was about a human being, not about the spectacle. 

That day Cory left his family behind, and that in itself still devastates me.  I just wanted to take a moment, and walk away from the playoffs for a second and say that we celebrate Mr. Lidle here at BYB. The best to your family Cory... our heart goes out... now and always.

Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017