Monday, July 2, 2012

WHO IS YOUR ALL-TIME FAVORITE YANKEES 2ND BASEMAN?

(In Photo: Bobby Richardson)
Over the years, I’ve always rooted for all my New York Yankees.  Some of them stunk up the joint, but, they are our team, they wear the pinstripes and we love that about our guys.  When it comes to second basemen in Yankees history, there were truly athletic guys that I saw play and then of course, there were some that just couldn’t hack it. 
I loved Willie Randolph manning second base and as the Co-Captain with Ron Guidry back in the day, there wasn’t a better dude out there that played the position.  I always felt like Willie Randolph was so underrated.  He wasn’t a .350 hitter or anything, but his career numbers were impressive but more than that, his talent in the field was fantastic.

There were guys like Steve Sax and Chuck Knoblauch that I always appreciated there, but as you know, sometimes that throw to first for them became difficult.  I never understood that, it just seems so easy, but the theory is sometimes that gets in your head, whatever the case, I'm not being critical becasue truth be told, I dug those guys there.  Sax was a guy I loved more when he was with the Dodgers even before the Yankees...I loved his speed.

Tony Lazzeri and Joe Gordon were guys that I never got to see play, I was too young, but everything you read about these guys is incredible.  They handled themselves quite well all the while playing with the top Yankees ever.  You have to love that. 
Then of course, there was Alfonso Soriano, Mariano Duncan, Bobby Richardson and of course, the greatest of our time, Robinson Cano.  There may not be a better second baseman in the game right now.  Cano is on fire and in control.  I’ve said it plenty of times and I’ll say it again, he’s the making of a future Yankee captain. I firmly believe that.

So, who’s your favorite Yankees second baseman of all time? It’s your chance to vote in our BYB poll.  Take a minute, look to the right of this post and vote for your favorite now.  At the end of the poll, we’ll post the results and we’ll chat about it in another piece. It’s fun stuff.

Look, there is no wrong answer, it's your favorite. I just like to gauge how you guys feel about some of the players that put on the pinstripes over the years.  After second base, we’ll do shortstop and so on.  Once we finish all the voting, Bleeding Yankee Blue will put together our team based on all the results. 

Vote now, and if there’s someone I missed, put their name in the comments section of this post.  Thanks guys! Enjoy this.

ORDER A BYB SHIRT NOW, DROB WEARS ONE! Also, Please comment, we have DISQUS, it's easier than ever. Let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017