Friday, September 2, 2011

WHY I KNOW WHO SWISHER REMINDS ME OF

I figured it out. Look, as a kid I was a huge Sesame Street fan and now that I'm a dad and have children running around me, Sesame Street is a staple in my house. Yo Gabba Gabba is too, although, I tend to think that if I was in college again, I'd be watching it too, if you know what I mean.So what am I getting at you ask, right? I was laying in bed last night and for some odd reason I was thinking about Sesame Street and a skit they used to play, this is going way back to when I was a kid, and there was a tight ass puppet and then a puppet that was just laid back and having a good time. He was loud, he was animated and I realized that Nick Swisher reminds me of this funny puppet. It's ridiculously crazy and demented but it just hit me. Check out one of my favorite Sesame Street sketches of all time:


Nick Swisher is as bubbly and animated than any other player on the New York Yankees and it helps bring an energy to the ball club that's like no other. Recently Francisco Cervelli was getting a lot of crap on Sports Radio, namely by Mike Lupica and Michael Kay on how he needed to tone down his own energy. They called it annoying. Listen to it HERE. The time starts at 28:24. Well, I guess some could call Swisher's energy annoying too, but I stand by our guys. Both Nick Swisher and Francisco Cervelli have lifted the once corporate Yankee clubhouse into a fun house. The Yankees looked relaxed yet, we're playing great. The Yankees still mean business, yet, they now look like they're having fun.

What's the point of all of this? I like to laugh, I love pop culture and I love my Yankees. Don't you think this puppet reminds you of Nick Swisher? Comment, let me know what you think.

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017