Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WHY THE YANKS HAVE A 7 YEAR ITCH

The hardest part of the Winter Meetings for the New York Yankees is that they are frustrated and want to get a deal done with Lee and this means now!




I love that, especially because everyone at the Winter Meetings knows the Yankees have longed to have Lee in their rotation since July 31st before the Seattle Mariners pulled Lee off the table and served him up to the Texas Rangers. Like the Who sings.... "They won't get fooled again." Cashman will do what it takes, he won't get fooled again. Trust me.


Brian Cashman has met with Lee's agent 2 times so far. They met once in Arkansas, once with Randy Levine and Braunecker at the Winter Meetings and Brian Cashman will again meet with Braunecker again tonight, according to River Ave Blues. In my opinion, that's good, the more face time, the better. Kind of like "the Bachelor." I'm sad. Anyway, so far we’ve heard some of the craziest rumors with Lee attached to them.
  • The Washington Nationals are suddenly involved
  • $200 million was on the table by some team.
  • Jon Heyman reported that a "source" told him the Nats are not in on Lee, but he still says a 7-year deal is possible for Lee from someone else.
  • Then a "Mystery Team", not the Nationals, were all in for 7 years

I'm sure it will get crazier before the night is over. May I suggest, and I know I'm not a rocket scientist here, that the mystery team is actually Braunecker trying to get the Yankees to go 7 years with Lee. In my opinion, the Yankees will go 7 eventually, even though they say they will only go 6, especially if that means they get Lee signed. Yes, it's ridiculous, but they want him and they know, even though they won't admit it publicly, they need him. Stay tuned...

Please comment and let me know what you think and follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017