Monday, February 6, 2023

BELTRAN'S BACK WITH A NEW GIG... INSERT GROAN HERE


My moral compass is disappointed right now, but my ears will be happy now that I won't have to listen to Carlos Beltran in a broadcasting booth anymore. I guess I will take this as a very small win.

In case you missed the news HERE, Beltran won't be broadcasting on YES Network anymore, but he will be serving an "unspecified role" for the New York Mets. He finally gets ANOTHER chance that actually might get him closer to the opportunity he REALLY wants. Last year I wrote HEY BELTRAN - QUIT CRYING FROM THE BOOTH! because I really believed that he was using his broadcasting gig as a stepping stone to something else. It appears I am right.


Part of me is REALLY happy that I won't have to listen to his terrible broadcasting "skills" and I won't have to hit the mute button a hundred times but I don't like the fact that this guy disgraced the game and he is weaseling his was back towards what he wants. He's not there yet....but I think he will get there.

Here's what I mean. Buck Showalter is in the second year of his three year contract managing the Mets. This gives Beltran time to learn more doing whatever he is going to do in the front office and be groomed to take over managing in 2025. He's inching his way back to that spot in the dugout that he really wants and that the Mets also want him to have. They wanted their All-Star fan favorite to take over three years ago before Beltran's cheating past derailed his post player career path.


But obviously, it hasn't derailed him for long. It will only be a matter of time before he puts that Mets jersey back on. I said last year I was going to count down the days until I didn't have to listen to his babbling nonsense, and the time has finally come. One small victory, but the guy is still a disgraceful cheater.

Now Beltran - get the hell out of the YES Network booth. Adios!


--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017