Thursday, August 11, 2022

ANDUJAR'S BACK - BUT FOR HOW LONG?


It sucks to see Miguel Andjuar get another opportunity due to Matt Carpenter's injury. I wanted to see Andujar get his opportunity because Joey Gallo sucked and was useless. Then I realize how crappy this situation is. So Andujar is back but.....for how long?



I know A LOT of people who have been crying for Andujar to get "a fair shot" as they all have told me. I've been told several times he is an underdog and you can make arguments that he is and he isn't. Depending on your own argument, it is the ultimate reminder that we as fans grow attached to our favorites and to MLB this is all business.


And it is for players like Andujar, too. He has hit well and produced in Triple-A this year but hasn't had consistent, lasting success in the big leagues since 2018....and that's a scary thought in 2022 for a 27-year old. Since 2019, Andujar has a .231 BA, 7 HR's, 7 doubles, 1 triple in 312 MLB at bats. Those aren't pretty stats.

So now here we are again - Andujar is back in the show and I know I want to see him catch lightning in a bottle because this could be his last stint with the team. Sure, he's not a free agent until 2025 but the Yankees have been keeping him down in Triple-A because he just doesn't fit on this team. Andujar fans can tell me I'm being mean....or whatever name you want to call me but it is true. He's 27 and not a regular for the Yankees. He could and would be on many other teams....but not this one.


So I really hope that Andujar makes the most of this opportunity. It's August, the end of the regular season will be here before we know it. At the end of the season the Yankees will have to make a decision about if they want to commit to Andujar and my gut tells me.....that's just not going to happen.

Sorry Miggy fans.....don't be mad at me. As I have always said, if I am wrong I will own it and I can honestly say I would also be okay with it.



--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017