Thursday, January 27, 2022

MORE HARDBALL! OWNERS ARE "WILLING" TO LOSE GAMES IN 2022 SEASON



As owners and the MLBPA continue to play a long game of chicken, we all sit restless. When will we be able to watch baseball? There is a when out there.... somewhere. As winter rolls on, we all grow more restless.

But not the owners, at least not as restless as we probably want them to be. We all remember the shortened 60 game 2020 season and I personally hated it. It was over in a blink of an eye and players couldn't afford to have a "slow start" and we all know that happens. It didn't feel like a REAL season.

But are we going to see that again? I really hope not, instead I hope for a miracle that both sides can come to an agreement and end this lockout. However, I think it is inevitable. Owners aren't opposed to the idea and now that information is all over social media.


Honestly, as much as I want to watch some baseball action starting next month it may not be the end of the world. Let me explain before you think I have completely lost my mind.

I'd love to see the regular season on March 31st with a 162-game season.... but only with the right CBA in place. As much as a short season would suck again, losing some games will probably hurt less than a bad CBA will. Home Opening games in April are nice, but they don't affect the owner's finances in a significant way, especially not when sports fans who love watching the NHL or NBA have playoffs happening. This is all about the money and not the wins, box scores, traditions and concession stand sales. Losing a smaller block of games probably isn't as hard to swallow as a bad CBA with consequences that would last a lot longer.

I miss baseball. I miss writing about rumors and Yankees Hot Stove....but that isn't around when in the middle of a lockout. I hope this ends sooner rather than later.... without looking like the 2020 season. 
I miss hearing the crack of the bat no more than ever and I hope we all get to hear it soon.




--Jeana Bellezza-Ochoa
BYB Senior Managing Editor
Twitter: @nyprincessj

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017