Wednesday, June 12, 2019

METS BEAT YANKS BACK!

And to the Subway Series gets all tied up.


Much like the romp against to beat the Mets in game 1, the Yankees were romped in game 2.  Too bad. The main reason? James Paxton struggled.

NJ.com writes:

"He took the loss after allowing six runs in 2.2 innings, with the Mets eventually running away with a 10-4 victory on Tuesday to close a day-night doubleheader at Yankee Stadium. 

Paxton couldn’t pinpoint one issue that caused his struggles, but he was clear that the knee wasn’t one of them. 'I don’t think that was a factor,' Paxton said. 'Just a bad game on my part.'”

But here's the thing. I think it IS a factor.  I don't think Paxton is a really great pitcher.  I think that the pressures of being with the Mariners is much different than the stage in New York.  I think this is a Sonny Gray situation all over again.  I think that we will soon see that James Paxton is a bust.

I could be wrong... but I'm not so sure I am.

A stupid loss to that second game.  That's the way it goes sometimes... oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017