Saturday, June 22, 2019

I LOVE THE YANKEE WIN... NOT THRILLED WITH PAXTON


I love that the Yankees beat the Houston Astros last night. I'm not thrilled with how James Paxton pitched though.  This guy is just a regular dude. He's not Superman like it was advertised when the Yankees picked him up. Not a big fan.


Sure, last night he kept the Yankees in the game, but the way he sounds in the post game reminds me of a guy that's still trying to figure it out... or... someone that just doesn't trust his stuff, like a Sonny Gray or something.

Here's what he had to say last night:

'[My] breaking ball, I just didn’t get it in spots I needed to some at-bats, which cost me some hits and some pitches, which didn’t allow me to go as deep in the game as I wanted to...'

That came from NorthJersey.com.


But look, he can improve and with the Yankees winning, I think he will as the season goes on. But I'm not giving this guy the ball in Game 1 of any playoff any time soon. He's just not there yet. He's only 30. He has time.

In the meantime, the pen shut down the Astros and there were some stars. Gleyber Torres being one of them for sure. Sanchez was the other.

More from NorthJersey.com:

"When Gary Sanchez launched a 481-foot, two-run blast off Houston starter Brad Peacock (6-5) in Friday’s third inning, that meant No. 24 had brought the current team’s home-run tear to 24 games. Gleyber Torres, No. 25, also chipped in a two-run shot in the seventh, extending a streak within the streak. 

Sanchez and Torres both went deep for the third game in a row, a feat that had the typically-reserved Gleyber feeling glib. 'He got a homer, I just try to follow – no, I’m just kidding,” Torres said with a smile.'"

I love the determination from this team. I love the looseness.  This is a good look for the Yankees.

Another win... way to go.


Be Read. Get Known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017