Thursday, January 3, 2019

DAVID ROBERTSON MAKES HIS MOVE

And it's not to New York. He's headed to Philly.


ESPN has this:

"Free-agent reliever David Robertson has signed a two-year contract with the Philadelphia Phillies that includes a third-year club option, the team announced Thursday. 

Robertson will make $10 million in 2019 and $11 million in 2020, a source told ESPN. A $12 million option for 2021 includes a $2 million buyout."


It's disappointing. I mean, I'm disappointed. Not with DRob… this is business, I'm thrilled he got the gig.  No, I'm annoyed at the Yanks. I mean obviously whatever DRob demanded wasn't in the cards which is unfortunate because the Yanks are probably counting every penny for when Manny says "Yes", but come on, this is a guy that's given blood and sweat to this team... TWICE.  At least negotiate a deal or try to.

The Phillies got a good pitcher and they should be happy with that.  I was never convinced that Robertson was ever a closer, but I love his balls and I love that he's going for it and that the Phillies are giving him an opportunity.  It's big for him. I hope he succeeds.


Congrats to David. My best to he and Erin. Good people.  A new chapter in Philadelphia.

Best of luck!


20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017