Friday, December 14, 2018

YOU GOT ALL WORKED UP FOR NOTHING


We ended up with JA Happ.  No Machado. No Harper. No Syndergaard. No nothing.  The Twitter experts don't know anything as we stated here on BYB. Just a lot of hot air.  Do we want a few big names? Sure we do. I for one would like to secure David Robertson and Ottavino. I stated that yesterday on Twitter.

That being said, I have no knowledge they will... and that's the thing. It's all speculation and guesses. And in the end, the Yankees' Brian Cashman spent a week in Vegas and walked away with a familiar face... JA Happ.  And we all look like fools.  Many of your "sourced" stories were stupid. Face it... many of you know absolutely nothing. As my kids will tell me when I fill in for their mom on lunches or drop-offs at school... "You're doing it wrong."


On a side note, my favorite tweet was Andrew McCutchen, who quietly signed a 3 year deal with the Phillies.  It may have been the funniest video Tweet I've seen in a long time.

That moment you reportedly sign a new $50 Million deal with the Phillies 😂😂😂


Love that dude. I wish him well.


And yes, Lance Lynn is on his way to the Rangers... but who cares. He was the Jaime Garcia of 2018. No one wanted the guy... we just needed him "in case".

Now look, there's no question Cashman laid the groundwork.  There's no question that moves will happen eventually. But what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... until it's revealed at a later date.
We are seeing this now with Cash... the stealth genius.


Yankees need a few things. I personally love the Happ deal. But I do wonder if he'll pitter out at some point.  Did I want a more successful starter? I did, but I'm a fan, not an owner. I root for the uniform. It is what it is.

With the securing of Happ, the Yankees have now pivoted and rumors are flying that now they want to secure their pen.  No more starters... it's about relievers now... keep up. That's why I liked the idea of Robertson and Ottavino.


Bolster that pen. Make it unstoppable and more importantly, do NOT let DRob go to the Red Sox or the Mets.

If I had to predict, which I hate to do, I feel like a big fish is coming, but I don't know who that is.  The Yankees still have Sonny Gray I'm pretty sure he won't be there on opening day.


Will the Yankees get Machado? I doubt it.  But will the Yankees get Tulowitzki?  Makes better sense believe it or not.  That's usually how the Yankees operate. Plus, with Didi coming back, it makes better financial sense.  The downside? Troy gets hurt like...all the time... so I'm not sure it's smart. But there is no question that the Yankees are thinking about it.

But what else will happen? Let's be honest... NO IDEA.

And you know what? When it happens, we at Bleeding Yankee Blue will tell you.  We're not going to make up stories or get crazy. We will give it to you straight.

Enjoy your Friday. Don't get crazy. You've getting yourself all worked up for nothing.


Be Read. Get Known.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017