Saturday, December 22, 2018

MACHADO FAVORS THE YANKS. DO THE YANKS FAVOR HIM?


Manny Machado loves and wants to be a New York Yankee. We know that already and we've known it since he was in Baltimore. The question is... will the Yankees pull the trigger on him?

I have a feeling they will.  I think the money is there, but I think part of that meeting was two fold. I think they wanted to go face to face with him and say "Hey, you better hustle your ass off if you're in New York. Those 'Johnny Hustle' comments were stupid."

The other part of it is, "We're not paying you $300 million for 10 years. We're done with that. Let's negotiate another number and we'll get this done." 


And then, it will be done.

There's no question guys like Carlos Beltran and Alex Rodriguez are in Cashman's ear.  They are letting him know just how important this deal is.  And Cashman knows this... but I think he's trying his best to be a smart, disciplined GM and not salivate over the fact that this is reality.

In the end, the deal will be made in my opinion. But we won't know a thing until after the New Year, or that is at least what's being reported. Jon Heyman writes this...

Truth be told, Heyman doesn't know much, but he may be right about that.  That makes me believe that a verbal agreement is in place between the Yanks and Manny and they are just sitting back and chilling knowing the marriage will happen no matter what after New Years.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I hate speculation anyway.

I do know this... the Phillies are right there and could make a huge offer too. I just feel like Manny wants to and longs for being in the Bronx.  And that's that.


Be Read. Get Known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017