Wednesday, December 19, 2018

CARLOS BELTRAN COULD HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT MACHADO

Source: New York Post

Today, Manny Machado will step into the General Manager of the New York Yankees' office and Carlos Beltran will be there in tandem with Brian Cashman.  Beltran who played for the Yankees for two years from 2014-2016, has accepted a job as special advisor to Cashman.  He will most certainly help vet the All Star shortstop who has to sell himself to the greatest franchise in baseball history.

Source: New York Post

"Machado will need to explain his comments about not hustling, especially since at the owners’ meetings last month, Steinbrenner said, “That ain’t gonna sell where we play baseball,” reported the NY Post.  It is unclear if Steinbrenner will be there today when Machado crosses the door frame into the Yankees' front office as he is busy planning his mother, Joan Steinbrenner's funeral.  But Beltran will be there and ready to ask some questions of Machado.

Source: NJ.com

"That is pure coincidence," Beltran said of the timing of his new role and the Machado negotiations. "I have been discussing this with Cashman for some time now, and on Monday I made the decision to accept it. My job will have nothing to do with Machado´s situation. But I did tell Cashman that I am available to help in whatever is needed and also with the recruitment of Machado if that is necessary," reported ESPN.  Another important nugget here is that Beltran and Machado share something in common; they have the same agent, Dan Lozano.

Source: The New York Post

Beltran is ready to step up and support the General Manager and the team anyway he can.  He is happy to be back in New York.  "It is a job I had considered and taking it with the Yankees made all the sense in the world," Beltran told ESPN. "They are a storied franchise and I know them well because I played there. Also, I will be in New York, where I have a home. This is the first step toward a new career, now in the office and I am very happy about it. Right now I am not setting huge goals nor am I thinking over the long term. I am just taking one step at a time."

Source: Twitter

What will Beltran, an even-keeled, hard-working player, ask Machado?  Not sure, exactly but I hope if he is given the opportunity to speak up, he asks him about his leadership skills, his regiment before and after the game and his hunger for winning.  Following tomorrow's face to face, Machado heads down the NJ Turnpike to Philadelphia.  He is expected to talk to other teams as well and after that, we will just have to wait and see what's next for the Machado Chronicles!



--Suzie Pinstripe
BYB Managing Editor
Twitter: @suzieprof





20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017